Your 2013 MSA Racing Season will be of a combination of up to four Monthly Races and a Wednesday Night Race Series. The 2013 Wed Night Series may include a “Lesson’s With Skipper John B.” component as John looks for new way to perfect his teaching skill set. Stay tuned on what we work out.
The No. 1 reason for racing at the MSA is “YOU”. This means many things including the expectation that every racer will do some heavy lifting.
We ask people to make a commitment several weeks before a race to help out with race organization. Until we get 4 people committed to each monthly that race is listed as “tentative”. Just respond to this posting, or email me, or email the person organizing the race to indicate which race you are getting involved with. Here is our Race Task List to give you an idea of what needs to be done to coordinate race day Click Here For MSA Race Tasks Spreadsheet
Our Monthly Races and Organizing Teams:
- In the Books… Sunday June 16: Race #1 Father Day Race – Race captain was Rod P.
- Sunday, July 8: Race #2 – The Sunday after the July Long Weekend. Race Captain is Dino K.
- TENATIVE RACE Saturday, August 10 Race #3 -The Cal Creaser Cup – Race Captain is needed to make race happen
- TENATIVE Sunday, September 8 Race #4 – The Sunday after the September Long Weekend. Race Captain is needed to make race happen
Our Wednesday Night Racing Series is new and will be based on these considerations.
- Start time is 5pm and the skippers meeting happen on the water before the start.
- Mixed Fleet
- No promises of timers, handicap adjustments, or official results.
- Training for first time racers.
- Did we mention fun?